Thread: Hank Pym?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #51
Alex_Spider
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hank Pym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'm not too optimistic about AoU. Hank Pym isn't defined by Ultron, but Ultron is arguably defined by Hank Pyn (to an extent). The relationship between the two characters has been accepted as essential parts of either character's history for decades. I can't help but feel more than a bit sceptical about Joss possibly changing the story of Ultron's character possibly too far, cutting out another entirely and possibly forcing someone else in Hank's role (like Tony Stark and/or Bruce Banner).
Spot on. I don't get it why deviate so much from the mythos and neglect such a pivotal Avenger like Pym? They could easily introduce him as a new character and do so many interesting things with him, show the flawed side of his self, his bad temper with his wife and so many other things.

It's enough that he wasn't a founding member of the team, but getting the short end of the stick in the sequel also? I call this EPIC FAIL. :