View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #52
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Default Re: Age of Ultron or World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
WF just shows the WB is sticking their finger in the wind looking for a cash grab. I'd rather see a good Superman movie, then have them try to force the Superman/Batman thing down our throat, and yeah, with Goyer writing, I have little hope.
Co-sign. Seems reactionary more than anything else; I'm not seeing a clear-cut focus here. Needless to say, MoS' returning creative team doesn't exactly give me a warm & fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Batman and Superman meeting on screen for the first time has so much more importance at least to me and arguably quite a few more others than seeing ultron appear in the Avengers sequel.

I think on that aspect alone more people would be excited?
I think that's a bit shortsighted. There's every possibility that the film could be a disaster, as we've seen bad films featuring both characters several times already; the characters alone don't guarantee quality. All things must be considered, particularly the creative team involved, the studio, and previously established groundwork.

The very fact that Goyer & Snyder are returning has me worried. MoS fans will of course feel differently, but that's the point - perspective has to be considered. With that being said, a sweeping assumption that Batman/Superman = greater intrigue isn't looking at the bigger picture. If we were talking a clean slate with equivalent teams, then I don't think there's much that could measure up to Bats/Supes on the big screen, but as of right now, I have a lot more confidence and anticipation in whatever Whedon, Feige, & Disney put out than I do Goyer, Snyder, & WB.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote