View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #90
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Ignoring the fact that you very much can still get that in a WF movie(but I doubt fanboys will be satisfied), If you were at the Con this weekend you would have seen a Thor trailer and a Cap "trailer" that allude to good Thor and Cap movies. And imagine that, they are coming after the cross over film but they are still good character developing films....
Point being, even if WF isn't a superman movie, like the way Avengers isn't a Cap movie, that doesn't mean you won't get your superman movie in the next installment....just a thought.
Assuming there is a next installment. It all rides on the success of this Batman vs. Superman movie now, whereas before, at least we would have been assured of the solo MOS sequel.

Quote:
Um..Cap is very much known for his man out of time persona. I didn't see any of that established by the end of TFA. Well I did actually, the last 4 minutes set it up, kinda ironic eh.

Won't get into thor.
As far as Cap is concerned, you basically had all the elements in place so that when he was eventually unfrozen, he would be a certified "legend". That was the minimum bar for Cap to appear in The Avengers, and they got it. The equivalent for Superman would have to be a somewhat seasoned hero who has the Clark Kent/Daily Planet/glasses disguise down and has encountered his arch-enemy (Lex Luthor).

Quote:
You must have lost your mind when they announced Avengers at the very same con they premiered the first footage of cap and thor..
We all knew the Captain America and Thor movies were leading up to The Avengers, and indeed, might not even have been made otherwise. To me, the main test was whether we got solo movies that seemed to exhaust enough of the character's main potential to leave appetite for a team-up. With Superman, I still feel like we've barely scratched the surface for a guy who's supposed to be leader of the Justice League (note that RDJ/Tony Stark, the most popular member of The Avengers, got a full two films to develop before the teamup). With Thor and Cap, I felt like we had enough.

Quote:
Try and prove this.
I can't, it's just a gut feeling. But I can tell you that I've never heard a rumour about Batman appearing in a Superman movie, whereas even in the 90s, there were all kinds of rumours that Batman might appear at Superman's funeral in the proposed Tim Burton/Nicolas Cage movie and that Michael Keaton might play Bats. Never heard any similar rumour for a Batman movie about Superman making a guest appearance ("This is why Superman works alone" in B&R doesn't count).

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote