View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #61
Superchan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
By who? People like Jett of BOF and Sean Gerber of Modern Myth Media who know people in the industry and some quite closely. WBs evidently were expecting more but as someone said why didn't they release it in PR's date?
"people in the industry" huh! yeah everyone and their grandmother has industry "insiders" it means utter jack!
The proof is in the pudding, if WB weren't happy with MOS's take then why get the same team to handle WF? That's the only thing you need to remember!
Not to mention that they publically stated that they expected MOS to open at 70 mill but they were obviously low balling it to avoid potential embarrassment but according to "people in the industry" the studio was expecting 90 million, so 116 mill is well above those expectations, so if I were to go by that logic then I'd say that the film more than developed for the studio.
But you know what, it doesn't matter, talk is cheap and people will keep talking nonsense and I say let'm. Superman has his reboot and it's a success and he's getting another film in 2015, it may not be a solo film but it will very likely make a billion + and that can only mean more exposure and more money for the character's future solo film(s) and make no mistake, there will be more superman solo films to cash in on WF/JL fame. So I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy more superman!!