View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #117
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I think it's too early to say that he 'disrupts the quality of the franchise.' They can still incorporate Batman and have it still be a proper, character-driven Superman movie.
However, it would have to involve making Batman a minor character who isn't likeable at first. Also, their natural love for the Batman character might override their intentions.

I honestly feel like Superman:TAS did a lot of stuff right, it just didn't have the "organic" quality of BTAS because the creators liked the Knight more. This becomes especially obvious in the "World's Finest" episode.
It was even said by the producers in the video commentary that they had a hard time writing for superman, let alone picking his villains and how they found Batman to be more interesting.

Given the fact that they're still writing this thing, I'm hoping that they'll get word that there's quite a group of people that aren't obsessed with Batman that aren't actually happy about Superman having to share his film with Batman, let alone worried that Superman is going to be crucified by the knight

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote