Banned User

Default Re: OK...its time.....Man of Steel vs Superman Returns - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The film follows Lex and Lois.
The film follows Superman too.

Quote:
There motives are explained thoroughly and we see their desires and what they do to achieve them.
Superman's motives too.

Quote:
They both get more screentime than Clark. Superman was just kind of there (we never really got into his head like we did Lex/Lois).
How much more time do Lois and Lex separately get more than Clark/Superman?

And yes, we can get into Superman's motivations when we see him sad because Lois has moved on, so we get why he tries to gain her back. We also get - finally - how he feels about being asked to solve everything by people. We also get what his priorities are in an emergency (leaving Lois in order to save the city), and how he feels about having a son. And, of course, how he feels about Luthor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
The only reason anyone roots for SM at all in SR over Richard is because he is Superman. If it was anyone but SM/LL no one would root for them to get back together.
That's about the best thing. Superman is still a hero, but he's not impervious to make mistakes. I myself enjoyed the movie very much but was absolutely unsure regarding Superman regaining Lois. And he didn't. Finally Lois chooses Richard and Superman pays the price of his mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
I am ok with Superman having a child in some cases. The way they did it in SR was horrible.

For one thing, the best defense of Lois is "She knows that Jason is SM's child". In that case, she should have told SM that when they meet. I see why they didn't go that way, but the adding to the suspense and surprise latter on is not a good reason for Lois to mistreat SM.
Lois mistreated Superman? When? She was just - and understandably so - angry at him for not saying good-bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I think Lois had every right to be pissed at Superman, but the way the movie was written and directed gives to my ammo to the "Superman is a dead beat dad/Lois is a skank who doesn't know the father of her child" people.
How so? He didn't know. In fact, SHE didn't know either.

And yes, Lois had every reason to be mad at him.

Quote:
And her entire Pulitzer-Prize winning article is portrayed as a petty attempt to punish her ex and not a serious professional piece, which diminished both the accomplishment and her character
Maybe the people giving her the award was more interested in the quality of the article and not her personal motivations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei D Loki View Post
She wrote an article? See, I can't even remember the story in SR. I recall him having a kid and lifting an island or something. There was kryptonite. Other than that, nothing. One of these days, I'll get around to re-watching it again.
Your personal memory problem, a certain evidence of a movie's quality?

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote