View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #120
Superchan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
No you are wrong.
The general public hated Superman Returns and it failed at the box office.
Critics and according to people on here, the general public hated Man of Steel. It only made money cause of Nolan's name.
The entire public thinks Superman is a lame and boring character doe
Are you serious or you just trolling? Do you speak for the general public? do you know everyone on the planet and know for a fact that they ALL hate superman?
And LOL to "it made 600+ because of nolan" statement! seriously I haven't laughed like this for a long time. I guess if Nolan's name is that popular then batman begins and the prestige would've made 600 million +

Quote:
I thought MoS would make at least more than ASM.
ASM was coming off the back of SM 3, MoS was coming off the back of SR.
You tell me which movie had the higher mountain to climb
Why would you think that? ofcourse MOS had the higher mountain to climb simply due to the fact that the spidey franchise was established int he international market while the superman franchise was stalled internationally (thanks to the craptacular SR), to expect a movie coming off the heels of a stagnant franchise to make "ateast as much as ASM" is totally unrealistic.

Quote:
And had it made over 800 million, I can assure you they wouldn't be writing Batman into the sequel
Don't agree, the reason batman is in the sequel is because neither superman nor a rebooted batman would stand a chance in hell of going into the ring with heavy weights like avengers 2 or star wars, WB know this all too well and need their 2 biggest characters together if they are to compete in a very congested 2015 summer.