View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #125
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rman81 View Post
800m WW for a reboot?? It should at least get to 700m WW. I swear WB is so arrogant. Marvel would have been overly pleased with how MOS has done. I really hate WB to be honest and I wish DC would get bought out by another company
What makes you think that WB made money hand over fist just because the final gross came out to 635 million? We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. It's not about gross, it's about profit.

The studio didn't just spend a lot of money making the film, they also probably spent a s*** ton of money marketing the film. I guess when you invest a certain amount of money, you expect a certain worthwhile return. You green light this huge budget, you pay all these big name actors, you go full force on the marketing... maybe WB just didn't feel the juice was worth the squeeze. With all the money they pumped into this thing, they probably expected more.

You're right, if a movie like Thor grossed 600 million it would have been considered a colossal achievement because it was probably done on 60% of the budget and they probably didn't spend nearly the same amount of energy marketing the movie as WB did with Man Of Steel.