View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #122
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
The only thing I worry about is if having Batman overshadows any villains they may have. That Batman is more important and billed before any villainous characters. I am actually really looking forward to seeing a new and unexplored villain on the big screen. We have yet to see Darkseid, Doomsday, Braniac and Metallo. These could all make for epic villains. The former three being supervillains and the latter being just a villain. It was cool to see Zod in a new light and the great action scenes that we got, but we have seen him before.

What I don't want is it to become a Superman and Batman show where they go head-to-head with Luthor trying to take him down. That would frankly bore me and to me would be a waste of a Superman movie.
Yes. It would. Set up Batman in his world, and have Batman eventually come to understand that Luthor's responsible for it all during their violent encounter, with Clark claiming to have been set up. Knowing that Clark has a better understanding of Lex as a person and is an inherently more powerful figure, he leaves Metropolis, knowing that at this point there's nothing he can do to help Supes, and has some guilt for misjudging him.

This can set-up a team-up film while allowing MOS2 to build upon the first movie, rather than forcing the team-up film into MOS.

I don't want a final team up battle. It would be anticlimactic, and feel like another movie shoehorned into MOS2.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote