View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
Random490
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman... can this be a fair physical fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
A few points people try to use in this debate that are ridiculous.
Quote:

1. "Batman is, like, wicked smart." I'm not sure why the son of two genetically engineered scientists from an advanced alien race would be dumb. His intelligence almost certainly would be well past "genius" by any human standard.
Superman grew up on a farm, Batman spent years of his life training and learning not just beeing smart but specifically training to become and master
strategist. While superman may have an inherent greater capacity for intelligence gifted to him by evolution he has not shown much interest in learning military tactics. Plus smart people do not always have smart children. He's parents were genetically engineered to be genius', he was not and did not have the same benefits or a kryptonian education. Also if he was really that smart the movie would have ended much sooner.
Quote:
2. "Batman can do anything with enough prep time." Give them both weeks to prepare some scheme. Superman could go on vacation the whole time, then need mere seconds to replicate or assemble something more advanced given his super speed.
The major difference here is that Batman is the type of person who would prepare well ahead of time, from the moment he learns of superman's existence he will being formulating a strategy. And will come to metropolis prepared. That just the type of person he is. Superman isn't like that, he wears his heart on his sleeve, is naive, and is over confident because nothing has ever truly hurt him.
Quote:
3. "Duh, kryptonite!" Oh, Batman is 20 feet away with kryptonite? Superman blasts him with heat vision.
Or maybe he's only five feat away. Also I hate the people who basically say "Kryptonite is no fair" yeah well using our yellow sun is no fair. Honestly kryptonite is a brilliant idea that should be ignored for being a "cop out" Superman is a character that has never had to really face his own mortality in any real sense, he's gone through life being basically invulnerable, even in man of steel the thought of being kill doesn't enter his mind cause he could take all their punches. But introducing something so simple and so effect that could make him vulnerable and can conceivably kill him by just being around it would have such a profound effect on him.

Quote:
The reality is, Superman makes the conscious decision every day to ALLOW Batman to exist and do what he does. Batman is an ant compared to him.
Well then you just don't understand Superman's character if that's the case

I usually avoid these discussions cause they always go in circles and are base on our own preferences. For me I want Batman to come out on top in a fight because I want to feel there is something of inherent value in humans, that we are capable of overcoming incredible odds. And to me Batman represents the best of humanity in the DC universe. Someone who has trained to physical perfection, developed an unequal intelligence, and absolute moral integrity. So yeah I want Batman to be able to win a fight to prove humans aren't helpless. Also it would be a really badass fight sequence.

And the way I picture the fight going is Batman constantly moving using all his stealth, deceit to constantly introduce new tactics that keeps Superman off guard and off balance. Each action hitting him in a way doesn't expect. Using multiple sonic batarangs with ear piercing sounds playing at all different pitches so Superman can't tune it out. Flash explosive with powder that temporarily blinds Superman, then several highly powerful and targeted explosions to key points on his body. All this just to buy enough time for an airdrop of kryptonite to deliver a final blow to know him out. Though Batman wouldn't come through this unscathed, bruised body, broken equipment, dislocated shoulder, and a few cracked ribs. Perhaps cough of some blood to sink in the fact he's lucky to be alive. When asked about he'll give the classic line "I'll live"

I had the sequence in my head for a while, based on the idea that superman's minds gets taken over like in the Hush storyline. But I would like to see something simlar happen that. A fight like this can be tricky cause you want both parties to win as to not upset the fanboys, But I think Batman should get the edge so you can show what this new Batman is capable of and firmly establish him while demostrating to Superman that he isn't utouchable, setting up Luthor as a major threat.

Just my two cents

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote