View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #695
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
but what if you think his track record has been pretty damn good for the most part?
Needless to say, you'll feel differently, and there's nothing wrong with that. My point was that people aren't as fickle as batfreakforever was insinuating, and that some of us base our expectations on the entire scope of a project rather than the character alone.

This isn't to say that an upcoming film should be dismissed due to who is involved, but in the same way some fans are encouraged to be optimistic about a particular project for whatever reason, others can be wary for reasons of their own.

I know that conventional 'wisdom' suggests that the more support these movies have the better, but I don't believe it's wise to unconditionally accept whatever the genre produces. That's the point at which we accept mediocrity, and I'd rather see the genre die than have it overwhelmed with sub-standard material.

To address the matter at hand, I'll be wary of anything Zack Snyder produces until he proves to me that he can consistently make good films. Up to now, only one of his films were superlative, with the rest ranging from awful to decent. Considering the budget, characters, and responsibility he's been given, that doesn't quite cut it for me.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote