View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #47
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
If this is a Superman movie then Batman cannot be expected to shine along with Superman. I can't imagine Batman being in all his glory when this is the first we see of him with a Superman coming off a solo film and with issues that needs immediate fleshing out.

Logically this film is a MOS sequel with a guest appearance from Batman.

If this is a full out Versus film someone will be painted in a bad light. Someone will lose.

There needs to be a powerful villain or army of villains.

Goyer said Superman will be realized. The WB say that there will be a face off. Snyder put a Worlds Finest logo.

All those three scenarios conflict with each other.
Because, like I said before, they want to have their cake and eat it. Their intent, I think, is to stuff quite a bit into just one movie, which will be a pretty daunting task especially if this thing clocks under three hours.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms