View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #135
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
X1 Storm hardly spoke so...

If the X3 script was so good why did Matthew Vaughn run off and do Kick-Ass? Since we're asking irrelevant questions... and how's that plot anything like Watchmen?
I could say the same thing about X-Men Days of Furture Past, but we are not talking about Matthew Vaughn here.

Look, I'm not defending X-Men 3 here. I think all three of these films are pretty weak when it comes to being "X-Men" films. The thing I don't get is that X3 pretty much followed the tone and feel of the first two films and for some reason fans still hate it. It's not like Batman Forever where they changed everything up.

I swear that if X3 had "Directed by Bryan Singer" at the front of it fans would love it. It seems he can do no wrong in the fan community. I just got done watching the X-Men panel from Comic Con. The most interesting part was when Anna Paquin spoke about who she would play if she wasn't playing Rouge. She said Wolverine unless Rogue could fly. Guess what? Rouge can fly, she just can't fly in the X-Men films because Bryan Singer made a bad choice. That character has never been given the right treatment on film and I can't forgive Singer for that. And just to take it back to Matthew Vaughn for a second, he NEVER got his due for the best X-Men film to date. Fans still give all the credit to Singer.

Quote:
“Ultimately she kind of becomes that cosmic force that Phoenix is known to be, she choose to leave Earth and become a god, or at least a higher level of intelligence, and she goes into the cosmos possibly to kick-start life somewhere else… The final scene for me would have been her telling Cyclops or her telling the X-Men ‘I’ll be watching.’ Essentially she becomes a god.”
You don't see how this part is exactly like the end of Watchmen?

Last edited by Alex Logan; 07-24-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote