View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #63
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnConner View Post
Dreadful...esp after MOS...its safe to say WB is not ready to make a flawless performance or a team up of this magnitude.

Yea yea mos was good and passable but it should of had less flaws.
Here's my problem with this statement. There is no such thing as a flawless movie.

I believe the consensus is that the two best Marvel movies are The Avengers and Iron Man 1, and that The Dark Knight was the best of TDK trilogy.

None of those movies are flawless and if people really wanted to pick them apart, they could.

It bothers me when you have people shouting "plot holes" at The Dark Knight Rises, and yet in The Dark Knight The Joker can seem to magically teleport all over the city and have explosive barrels in places that would have been checked by officials, people don't seem to care.

Or that fact that both The Avengers and Iron Man descend into big CGI fights at the end, that The Avengers reuses the bad guy getting himself caught on purpose trope and for really no good reason, how much influence Banner has on the Hulk is inconsistent or unexplained, etc...

And now that I think about it, Skyfall also reuses that villain getting himself caught trope as well and it really makes no sense there either.

That isn't to say these aren't good or great movies.

Citizen Kane has a gigantic fatal plot hole in it and people consider it one of, if not the greatest movie of all time. Same with Casablanca's story having logic holes in it.