View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #89
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman... can this be a fair physical fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage24 View Post
Everyone wanted the detective and super smart Batman and I think that's the one we will get. Batman will find a way to be equal to Supes. Judging by the excerpt read out at comic con from TDKR, I think it will involve krpytonite and some sort of exo-suit.
My issue with Batman is that the writers try to make him seem invincible. He has no powers, so he highly depends on his detective skills to fight crime. However, there is a point where he might as well have super powers. Suddenly he is able to fight Superman? I want to see a weakened Batman who is vulnerable and is getting beaten down. I hate the excuse fans give to explain what Batman can do. For example:

Q: How did Batman get from Bane's prison all the way back to Gotham in TDKR?
A: Um... HE'S BATMAN!
Q: You didn't answer my question.
A: It doesn't matter, because... HE'S BATMAN!
Q: And are we really supposed to believe that he is the only one, excluding a child, that could climb out of the prison?
A: Yes. Because he is BATMAN!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote