View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #498
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

I really feel like there's a lot of wishful thinking here...

I've seen the movie... For everything it does well, it throws a lot of it out the window with a garbage ending. There's a lot of cool character stuff in there but it gets cheapened by a wonky ending and the baggage left over from The Last Stand.

It's a fun film, it's a good Wolverine film.... But considering the fantastic source material, I feel it still falls well short of the mark. Being better than the last Wolverine film shouldn't give it a free pass. The Wolverine Japan story simply wasn't done as well as it could have been.

And all these quotes about it being a refreshingly different comic book movie are blown well out of proportion. While it does have some cool down moments and interesting character development, there is still a lot of arbitrary action.

The middle section of the film is probably the coolest part. I just don't know why they didn't have faith that Yakuza, Ninjas, Wolverine's self doubt and his love of Mariko wasn't enough to carry a story. THAT is what had me engaged... Then they threw it out the window for
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
a freaking robot fight... what the hell was that about?

Also, Mangold's interpretation of Japan was a little stale. I would have liked someone with more of an appreciation for Eastern cinema.