View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #500
Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Wishful thinking? How so? It's not a direct adaptation of the comic. If you go into it expecting that you're foolish. They used that story as the thematic setting for a film that still lives within the confines of the X-Men movie-verse. They weren't just going to throw it all away and make a solo outing.

That being said, I feel it had the same issues with the ending that Iron Man 3 did. Sort of a cop-out actiony battle sequence that doesn't jive with the first two acts. But it's clear why they did that (as with IM3) because at the end of the day it's a superhero movie and they needed something in there to wow the kiddies.

I'm critical as hell of comic book movies. I went into this ready willing and able to mock it. And it proved me wrong on almost every level. Opinions differ, but I'd say mine is the general consensus.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote