View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #981
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Like you said, a lot of this fine scrutiny is down to the democratizing impact of the internet, and that geek is now pop culture. Maybe MoS isn't given a fair crack of the whip, but that's because it's Superman; the expectations are that much higher, rightly or wrongly. And like I said earlier, the expectations are higher still as this story aspires to something more.

I read this Stallone interview the other day from Comic-Con, and he expressed his amazement at how much the mainstream movie scene is centered on San Diego.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/stallon...054845474.html
Though I see what he means about the con, I would argue that it takes a lot more to become the new hollywood lol.

And yes, the internet connects people, for better or worse. The danger I think is when this stops being about learning from each other and sharing and more just a propagation of hate culture and god worship(see the "nites" added to certain directors names).
If fans spend 2 years bashing an actor after being cast(as many would have in the past), how does that influence and affect this same audience's perception of a film performance(for better or worse)..The internets.