View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #981
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Like you said, a lot of this fine scrutiny is down to the democratizing impact of the internet, and that geek is now pop culture. Maybe MoS isn't given a fair crack of the whip, but that's because it's Superman; the expectations are that much higher, rightly or wrongly. And like I said earlier, the expectations are higher still as this story aspires to something more.

I read this Stallone interview the other day from Comic-Con, and he expressed his amazement at how much the mainstream movie scene is centered on San Diego.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/stallon...054845474.html
Though I see what he means about the con, I would argue that it takes a lot more to become the new hollywood lol.

And yes, the internet connects people, for better or worse. The danger I think is when this stops being about learning from each other and sharing and more just a propagation of hate culture and god worship(see the "nites" added to certain directors names).
If fans spend 2 years bashing an actor after being cast(as many would have in the past), how does that influence and affect this same audience's perception of a film performance(for better or worse)..The internets.

"A man named Hal Jordan was recruited 45 years ago into the Lantern core, flight testing in the midst of the Viet war. He hasn't returned to the relatively measured as primitive earth since. Upon his return from what could be considered hell, the weathered soldier and man out of time has short trimmed grey hair, scars, and a warning of a looming threat that motivated his return to his home planet. He's also surprised and weary to see a Kryptonian on Earth"
-Constuct arm from elbow down.