View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
Old Wolverine
Banned User

Default Re: Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

So before you read this go ahead and forget that the last Wolverine movie even existed... Done? Good. I have been a big fan of Wolverine for a long time and this is the Wolverine movie I wanted the first time around! Very loosely based on Chris Claremont's classic comic book run; this time Wolverine heads to Japan to say goodbye to an old acquaintance and instead ends up protecting a damsel in distress, dealing with his inner demons and fighting ninjas, lots and lots of ninjas. Director James Mangold takes the helm and creates a comic book movie that with the exception of the last 20 minutes feels nothing like. Wolverine seems remarkably layered, tormented and complex thanks to Hugh Jackman's take on the character which continues to impress due mostly to his physical transformation and acting. Don't get me wrong there's lots of claw popping rage and "Snikt" fuelled Berserkerness to satisfy us fan boys but it's staged in a good story and executed with good acting. In a lack lustre blockbuster summer, The Wolverine might just be a Comic Book sleeper hit. FYI Stick around for the credits for an added scene that will make you squeal like a school girl!!!

Grade: 5/5

Summer Sleeper