View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #986
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Ah, the scope. Ok, thanks, I got it. Yeah, I can see superheroes coming forward, the Justice League forming after this world threat, after Superman's huge reveal to the world.

A Batman can definitely exist in this continuity. A bit harder to picture a Wonder Woman and Green Lantern because their backstories and worlds are more fantastical in nature's, given the tone of MoS. Will be interesting to see, though.
Maybe we had a different interpretation of MoS, but I don't think it was any more 'realistic' than the Marvel movies, Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, the X-Men films, and TASM 1 are. There's a certain 'grounded in reality' vibe to them, but that's different from them being 'realistic'.

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett