View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
As a lifelong Wolverine fan, the 1st and 2nd act were perfect. It was the Wolverine movie of my dreams. I was ready to proclaim it as the greatest superhero movie ever. And then the 3rd act came, and I had to shave off 1 point from my overall score. 8.5/10

Pros:

Wolverine character- best portrayal so far. Ive always believed someone else could do the job better than Hugh. Now, he has owned the role. Best superhero performance ever tied with Reeve Superman and Dwney Iron Man. He's mean, scary, dangerous, mysterious, angry but has that heroic side as well.

Mariko and Yukio- they were different from their comic counterparts but worked well in the movie. Id like to see these 2 again in future movies

Mood/tone/atmosphere- the cinematography, art direction, music, pacing and editing, Mangold's direction, it didnt feel like a superhero movie. It felt like a western/samurai movie hybrid.

Cons:

3rd act- it felt like another movie. Memories of Xmen Origins came to mind.
Viper- was ok in the 1st 2 acts, ridiculous in the 3rd act.

XMEN MOVIE RaNkINg:
TW- 8.5/10
XFC- 8/10
X2- 7.5/10
X- 7/10
XOW- 5.5/10
X3- 5/10

Top 10 Superhero movies:
TDK- 9/10
Avengers- 9/10
Wolverine- 8.5/10
First Class- 8/10
IM3- 8/10
IM- 8/10
TDKR- 8/10
BB- 7.5/10
TASM- 7.5/10
MOS- 7.5/10
You really thought Wolverine was better than First Class? Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"