View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

IM3 wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be, but that experience did highlight what happens to a section of the audience that comes in with preconceptions about any one thing.
A brilliant twist(though I wouldn't want it to happen to joker) was very much completely unappreciated for what it was in light of the idea that mandarin is something else in the hearts and minds of this group of people.

I take this and magnify it 4 fold for superman, given how embedded in our film culture he is at this point. Big or small that made an impact on some people's viewing experience and to me that's significant. Enough to account for a portion of the backlash anyways.

I can imagine a world where all of bruce tim's work has actually been in live action for the past 15 or so years, how would the masses have reacted then I wonder.

I can't wait till we get a more true to modern comics version of Luthor and some people have a knee jerk reaction to what luthor is "supposed" to be to them. I'm even more curious what will happen if people see a batman that's more like the comics than he is TDK trilogy.
I don't envy Snyder's position one bit. I guess all he can hope to do for sure is keep making WB that money.