View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
IM3 wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be, but that experience did highlight what happens to a section of the audience that comes in with preconceptions about any one thing.
A brilliant twist(though I wouldn't want it to happen to joker) was very much completely unappreciated for what it was in light of the idea that mandarin is something else in the hearts and minds of this group of people.
The thing about that twist that I think made it entirely acceptable is that it removed the aspects of the character that are super racist, it even commented on them while it did so, while keeping the core of what the character is all about entirely intact. I'm not sure the changes in how Superman was presented in Man of Steel kept the core of the character intact quite as much. In in either event, I really don't think they made for very effective storytelling. And I think that's really the thing most detractors have a problem with.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: