View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

The "Batman overshadowing Superman" comments are really disheartening to me. I understand the big Supes fans are disappointed that their hero's next appearance won't be in a proper solo sequel (even though it's a certainty he will be featured in another solo film down the line).

Still, no only is this WF film a completely necessary step for this new shared DC universe, but it's so much better than jumping right into a JL film. The Batman/Superman relationship is one of the most important aspects of the JL, and the bond between these two essentially makes up the foundation of the JL team. Instead of a straight up MOS 2 with more Easter eggs, jumping into this WF movie will save WB/DC years of waiting. It's a smart business decision, for sure, which will expedite their DC universe by instantly creating as big of an "event" movie as possible to compete with Marvel. But besides that, it's smart for plot advancement in terms of the overall proposed universe.

Furthermore, does anyone really think Snyder and his team will want to just disrespect the Superman character by allowing Batman to overshadow Superman? This isn't going to he "The Batman Show featuring Superman!". IMO, each hero will get the respect that he deserves. And if anything, Batman will be getting slightly less screen time and focus since I imagine he'll be filling the antagonist role for much of the film -- the mysterious "new guy" in town who Superman is untrusting of and who's motives are not clear at first, before they set aside their differences and work together to overcome a greater threat in the end.

It's sort of a "win win" situation, and it's going to be something we've never seen before so I'm a little baffled at the number of fans who are worried or disappointed by this news, whether they be die-hard Superman or Batman fans. Hopefully, everyone will be pleased when we learn more about the project and, eventually, get to see the actual movie.