View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I just hope they stay as far away as possible from anything that even remotely brings to mind the Terminator movies or HAL or Battlestar or I,RObot or about a hundred episodes of various tv shows. A.I. run amok is second only to time travel in the pantheon of overused scifi plot devices. They need to make Ultron a real character who just happens to be artificial. I trust Whedon knows this.
This.

That's the one thing I always worried about an Ultron-centric Avenger movie from way back; and now that Joss has apparently kicked Hank Pym to the curb, I worry even more. Fanboys like me are already up in arms because we know that Joss is crapping on a major part of Avenger canon; but mainstream audiences could easily start hating on this concept, too, if it turns into just another been-there done-that killer robot movie.

By taking away the psychosexual deviance of the Pym-Ultron-Janet relationship, Joss has taken away the heart and the horror of the Frankenstein story variant. That's what drives Ultron stories, *not* "zomg killer robot!!1!1!!"

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014