View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #99
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Feige had a bit more to say about the Agent Carter One-Shot in a Collider interview. He didn't say they would do a movie with Hayley, but seemed to leave the possibility of something further with the character open.

Quote:
I saw the Agent Carter short last night. It is fantastic.

FEIGE: Your comment “way better than last year”: does that mean you didn’t like Item 47 or that you just thought this was better.

Do you want me to be honest with you?

FEIGE: Yes.

I had issues with it. Last night’s short though, was fantastic. If you showed that to people before a movie, they would erupt, because you have Haley Atwell, who is phenomenal, and I love her as Agent Carter. And you have great production value. You’ve spent real money on this thing and it shows. It looks great. I don’t want to spoil this for those who haven’t seen it, but for me, when it was over, I wanted to see further adventures with a certain character who’s in it. I could see more of it. Talk about opening the door on that. Is it something that you feel like really works after watching it?

FEIGE: The shorts never start out as that. The shorts are always just us wanting to do a little extra, and a little something fun. We have a team in place. Louis D. Esposito has an incredible directorial eye. So, we just wanna do it. And our relationships with our cast that Lou can call Hayley and she gets on a plane and comes over and does it. They always just start as fun. Then, when you look at them, the fun is, expanding the universe. That’s the fun about it. We take a character we haven’t seen since Cap 1. And I would say, in certain ways, the Coulson shorts, which look very quaint now compared to Agent Carter, but we knew we were killing him. The whole purpose of that was, see more of him before we killed him. Make him more of a fan favorite. And with Hayley, her character, her presence and story affects Cap in the next Cap movie. So that made sense, to have this be a bridge between the two movies to see more of it. And, we just wanted to see a kick ass adventure with Hayley. But, once they’re done, we see that we’ve expanded the universe and people have responded to it, is there anything else we can do with them? And it was a broad conversation like that after Item 47, which some people really liked (laughs), that-

Well-

FEIGE: I’m kidding! I’m giving you a hard time. In some ways, it helped to push Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. forward. What Agent Carter does, who knows? It’s all about just finishing it right now, which is now done, and then we’ll figure out what happens next.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote