View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #52
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Default Re: Let The Claws Do The Talking - Rate & Review "The Wolverine"

9/10. Extremely gratifying and intense, especially considering the crap that was Origins. The action was intense, Jackman looked, sounded, and really embodied Logan in this film, more so than the previous films. He was a gruff ******* and a complete badass. My only real nitpick was the lack of Logan fighting Ninjas. I expected that scene to last a little longer, and I was disappointed, as that is essential iconography from Claremont and Miller's book.

But, nonetheless, I don't think I've ever been so happy to see those bone claws before. A real crowd-pleaser.

Oh, and that post-credits scene? My excitement for DOFP exploded. Fox is finally getting it right.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.