View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #45
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hans Zimmer to return for Batman vs. Superman?

Eventhough I'd rather somebody else score this movie other than the overrated Zimmer, but this is supposedly still a sequel to MOS so there's no doubt Zimmer will return, unfortunately. He might as well since he already tainted both characters with his generic sound already. The mistake WB and Snyder are making is doing a Batman/Superman movie in place of MOS2. They should've waited for MOS trilogy to end. And maybe after the future Batman reboot begins to do a world's finest movie, imo. They jumped the gun. The Nolan trilogy ended barely a year ago. I think the batman franchise needs to go into retirement (just as Bale's Batman did) for a little while. So other DC characters can shine, but again WB don't have a clue what they're doing. There's a lot of confusion going on with the GA about whether Bale's returning or not.

I agree with those that believe that this "new" version of Batman should get a new theme/score instead of the already cliched generic sound Zimmer gave him the last franchise. It won't happen though Zimmer's too much of a narcissistic workaholic glutton that he want's to score every franchise he can get his grubby little hands on. I doubt he'll pass on an opportunity to score Superman and a different Batman in the same movie. The guy doesn't seem to have the cojones to say no to anything.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote