View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #41
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Why do you do that? That doesn't really have anything to do with what you're talking about. You could have made that point without making a pot-shot that you know a lot of people are going to disagree with. In fact, you'd have made your point better by not using an example that a lot of people are going to disagree with.
I came out of cap(TFA) having recently read all of the recent books on the character, particularly Brubaker and Millar. Safe to say I wasn't a fan of what Evans did with the role but was told when he get's to "modern times" that more soldiery cap and less icon in spandex might come out. Any chance of that sort of development went out the window when the film(unlike some of the animated features such as ultimates) decided to focus on other members. In fact, imagine my surprise when I caught wind of the 2 or 3 deleted Steve Rogers scenes in that very movie. Scenes that in my opinion would have offered his story an added bit of development.

"Short Changed"

Funny enough, it seems we might be getting an aged Peggy Carter story line and a few other elements such as a harsher more cynical government and this winter solider plot line that might just steer Cap into the sort of development needed for me to get on board with the character again. He might even learn how to fight in more modern cadence having had some time to acclimate...
Long story short, it seemingly takes another cap solo to do all the things the marvel event couldn't for the character.
Then there is the Thor issue, but that's for another day.

Sorry if you saw that as a pot shot, I saw it as an opportunity to compare what people are certain is going to happen to superman once another (singular)hero shows up in this films to what can happen in one of his traditional solos.

as to the question of why I do it.
that's like asking why hurricanes happen, I'm a force of nature around these parts.

I try not to send Pot Shots towards Whedon's work, he's kinda my favorite dude. When that film was a hit I was fully vindicated for all the many months of people calling him and his firefly ilk made for tv and that alone.