View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #947
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I got it with the wolverine. It WAS attached to it, so, not sure what you are talking about

On a side note, regarding creatures, we think we'll get trolls?

Ulik? As a cameo?
Hmmm, that's strange. I got Elysium, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Percy Jackson, and 47 Ronin. That was it. My wife and friends and I were talking about our surprise that we only had four trailers, none for Thor, and Walter Mitty was so out of place it wasn't funny. But thanks for the feedback jaqua. Really appreciate it.

As for fleshing out the universe with creature cameos, nothing would surprise me either way. Marvel has been decent about throwing those kinds of bones to fans, but they've also screwed some easy things up, so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
just give up. Some people on this site will have an excuse for Marvel every single time. Thor 2 marketing has been horrendous, and when this movie fails at the box office, people will probably make more excuses. No one one outside of the fan base is excited to see Thor 2(people will see it, but it's not a can't wait like hunger games which made me read the books), and Marvel is doing a damn good job, making sure no one cares. This movie NEEDS marketing because if it fails, Phase 2 will be very hard to pull off successfully. But from where I'm standing Marvel seems more concerned with Winter Soldier, and almost seems to be writing this movie off completely.
Appreciate the discussion without attacking. I'm hoping the marketing picks up, especially with the Disney machine behind it. It's kind of hard to tell what the impact is going to be from The Lone Ranger. My wife pointed out to me that they might not feel the need to market to their own demographic, feeling that it's a shoe-in audience after the Avengers juggernaut. They're also going to hook a little more of the GoT crowd, so we'll see. I think Cap has a bit more push right now coming off SDCC, and Marvel may feel that is the one that will be a harder sell in Phase 2.

This movie hasn't got me as excited as TWS of GotG, but I'm still chomping at the bit for it. Thor was the big surprise for me in Phase 1, and I'm dying to see what shakeups there will be in TDW.