Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Wes Bentley apparently has a drug problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
He's been clean since 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
He'll be 35 in a month and based on his recent acting career Hollywood doesnt trust him as much. I realize Robert Downey Jr overcame the same thing and became Iron Man, but the story doesnt always end that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
I agree about Bentley, too. I can't see them taking the risk with him. It was a completely different case with Iron Man, that managed to pay off beautifully. And Bentley has the look, too. There's kind of a crazy creepy look in his stare that fits the character, but I don't think they'll pull for him.
Bentley has pulled his life around and got clean. He has been clean for years, and the fact that he is now being entrusted with big roles in big films by directors who are broadly respected, shows that (a) there isn't much risk, and (b) whatever risk there is is justified by his talents.

I think his past gives him a bit of added edge. It will certainly equip him with a dark place to draw upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
Gemma Arterton as WonderWoman made me ejaculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Not really, she's too slim and chicky. WW needs to be more womanly and curvy. Also she's an MMA fighter, not an actress(oh but she tries). The thing a lot of these mongoloids here don't know(or care to know) is that Adkins is not an MMA fighter, he played one in one set of movies. They probably think he's russian too. The guy is an actor and stuntman who has vast training(and teaches) in many martial arts, not an MMA fighter playing actor. For WW I dunno, it'd probably be best to dip into unkowns and find one with the bod and the potential.
I'm going to be the grownup here, and leave aside the fact that you just flamed everyone here, though if anyone else wants to report that, I wouldn't judge.

Whatever the talents of this Adkins fellow- and I can tell you're a huge fan- you can probably acknowledge that being cast as Batman would be a huge leap for him. He would be following Bale, Clooney, Kilmer, and Keaton, who are all feted actors, even where the individual movies weren't great. This Adkins guy is not known as an actor, and the best thing for his career (if he wants to act) would be to build up the size and difficulty of his roles. If I was his agent, I might be trying to campaign to get him an audition for a villain in a movie like this- maybe David Caine or King Snake. Pushing him as Batman would probably get him laughed out of town, and would do his career more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I like the direction this thread is headed in. Acting ability isn't half as important as fighting ability, musculature and having a powerful jawline. My guess is the current frontrunners are:

Dolph Lungren
Anderson Silva
Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho
Whoever Won American Ninja Warrior
Mike O'Hearn
The Situation
Brock Lesnar
LaRon Landry
Don't be ridiculous. You forgot height.