View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #123
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
We're now casting the next Batman based on jawlines? His jawline isnt much different then Christain Bale's.
Solid acting prowess and stage presence are, of course, paramount. For once, though, I'd like to see Batman/Bruce Wayne appear much like he does in the comics. When it comes to Superman actors like Cavill or Reeve, it's not uncommon to hear people say thinks like, "Look at that jaw. It's like he stepped right out of the comics!!!" And I want to hear people say the same thing about the new Batman if at all possible.

In light of the fact they're rebooting the franchise much earlier than many of us on here anticipated, why not indulge the purist perspective a little? It's not like we're actually involved in the casting process anyhow.

As for Bale, my opinion isn't really based on any previous Batman incarnation on film. Although he was the best live-action Batman to date, he still wasn't the definitive version of the character in my eyes. That said, I'm entirely focused on the future of "the dark knight", devoid of any baggage -- good or bad.