View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #32
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Decided to do one. It's a little long so I'll put it in tags to save it clogging up the thread. Not much, just a conversation between Bruce, Lois and Clark.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
INT - LEX'S OFFICE - DAY

Bruce Wayne stands at the large window overlooking Metropolis.

Lois and Clark enter.

LOIS
Bruce Wayne.

They shake hands.

LOIS (cont'd)
Thank you so much for this interview and for what you are and Mr Luthor are doing for Metropolis in general.

BRUCE
It really is no problem. Lois Lane I presume? I get the Planet shipped to Gotham every day, I'm a fan of your work.

He looks toward Clark.

BRUCE (CONT'D)
And this is...

LOIS
Sorry this is Clark Kent, he's new to the Planet.

CLARK
Mr Wayne.

Clark shakes hands with Bruce.

BRUCE
Mr Kent. Shall we?

They take each take a seat around A table.

LOIS
Suppose we should start with the obvious. Why did you decide to help Metropolis?

BRUCE
Let me just say this is all Lex's work. I just thought Wayne Enterprises could lend a helping hand.

CLARK
Help with what?

BRUCE
What do you mean?

CLARK
We all know Mr Luthor is helping this city but I (beat) we can't help but wonder that many of the details are a bit vague on what he is actually doing.

Bruce doesn't answer instead he just seems curious about the question. Lois takes the silence as a sign that Bruce is annoyed.

LOIS
We can move on to that...

Lois begins writing on a pad.

LOIS (CONT'D)
...in a moment.

Clark hears the pen writing and looks down to the pad. It reads "DON'T GO IN TOO HARD WITH THE QUESTIONS".

LOIS (CONT'D)
But when you say you thought Wayne Enterprises could help do you actually mean your advisers?

Bruce tries to convey a look of embarrasment.

LOIS (CONT'D)
You only have look on the internet to see the rumours that you were pushed into this.

BRUCE
Yes it's true. I'm not good with these kinds of decesions. My advisors point and I shoot. Well maybe not shoot.

LOIS
Well your reputation precedes you.

BRUCE
And what would that be?

LOIS
That you are a pretty boy with nothing up top.

BRUCE
Kind words. And it's nice to you stick to yours to.

LOIS
And what is...

BRUCE
That you don't know when to shut up.

CLARK
That's enough!

Clark speaks a little louder than he intends to. Bruce and Lois just look at him. Bruce curious. Lois, a little frightened.

BRUCE
If we are on the topic of what you can see on the internet, you wouldn't have to search far to know that you had an encounter with the man who created this mess.

CLARK
Mess?

BRUCE
A few city blocks is hardly collateral damage.

He directs his attention back at Lois.

BRUCE (CONT'D)
What was he like?

LOIS
He was a hero.

BRUCE
What gives you that impression, didn't your rescuers find you laying down in the ice cold, alone. In a blood soaked shirt might I add.

CLARK
He...

Lois jumps in before Clark says too much.

LOIS
After he saved my life. I was one girl in the middle of the arctic if he destroyed a city block why let me live there?

Bruce thinks about this.

CLARK
I think we, uh, should move back on topic.

Clark looks down to his pad. On it says his next question "WHAT BENEFITS WILL THIS PLAN BRING TO THE CITY OF METROPOLIS?" He looks back up toward Bruce.

CLARK (Cont'd)
What can you tell us about Lex Luthor?

BRUCE
Big ego, big pockets and bald.

Clark fakes a laugh. As does Bruce.

CLARK
I mean as in where he comes from, what he plans to get from this?

BRUCE
I'm honestly trying to find out the same thing.

LOIS
Mr Wayne for this interview to work you have to work with us.

BRUCE
Lex keeps his cards close to his chest. I can only tell you what I know. His grand plan is to make Metropolis a better, safer place.

CLARK
Safer. What does he plan to do after the city is rebuilt?

BRUCE
Security upgrades I presume.

LOIS
Presume?

BRUCE
Yes.

LOIS
You do realise this city just recieved the finest security upgrade the world has ever seen.

BRUCE
Many would not agree.

Another break in conversation.

LOIS
What specifics can you tell us about what LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises is doing here?

BRUCE
Honestly?

CLARK
Nothing.

BRUCE
Is that a problem?

Lois
I just get the impression that you don't really know what you invested i...

Bruce sighs, becoming agitated by Lois.

BRUCE
I get the impression Ms Lane (beat) that you know something we all don't. Care to share?

Bruce looks at her more sincerly. He is intrigued to hear the answer to his next question.

BRUCE (CONT'D)
Even after all of this, the fallen buildings, the rising death toll, what do you think of him?

LOIS
I merely feel that Superman saved the lives of billions rather than lost the lives of thousands that day. And that putting the reconstruction of the city into the hands of a man who details his ideas vaguely at best is not the right way to go.

Her hand reaches over to grab Clark's. Bruce notices.

BRUCE
Well.

Bruce stands.

BRUCE (Cont'd)
I'm afraid Mr Luthor doesn't share the same attitude.

He begins to leave.

Lois
How about you?

Bruce stops at the door.

Bruce
I'm sorry?

Lois
What do you make of him?

BRUCE
Too much blue.

Bruce leaves.

INT - CAR - LATER

ALFRED
(On phone)
Was the interview with Ms Lane as informative as you hoped, sir?

Bruce
I got enough. She definitely feels Metropolis is looking to the wrong guy in Lex (beat) but I wouldn't mind a one on one with her colleague. Also works at the Daily Planet. Clark Kent. See if you can get his profile up.

ALFRED
Working on it now. Why him?

Bruce
He seemed a lot more interested in what Luthor was doing rather than why.

ALFRED
That's it?

BRUCE
I've sat through several reporters and he has been the only one interested in the finer details. He also just happens to appear with Ms Lane.

ALFRED
His profile should be coming through now, sir.

A picture appears on a screen in Bruce's car. Clark Kent.

That was pretty good.