View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #960
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Wow, all this talk about Kronans, and the excitement for it, and I'm just trying to play catch up on Thor and Marvel. I picked up some graphic novels for Batman prior to TDKR, and just went through some Wolverine stuff, and am getting ready to read Days of Future Past. Any suggestions on Thor graphic novels? Especially leading up to TDW? My buddy suggested Civil War as a good Marvel run in general, but I really need to get some good, Thor-centric material.
I can't suggest any Thor reading material, but personally I'd advise against Civil War if you are looking for quality. The events in Civil War admittedly had a lot of fallout for a lot of the players in its events (mainly Captain America), so it has some value as a way to orient yourself to the Marvel-verse, but that's about it. There are folks who like it though, so YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
just give up. Some people on this site will have an excuse for Marvel every single time. Thor 2 marketing has been horrendous, and when this movie fails at the box office, people will probably make more excuses. No one one outside of the fan base is excited to see Thor 2(people will see it, but it's not a can't wait like hunger games which made me read the books), and Marvel is doing a damn good job, making sure no one cares. This movie NEEDS marketing because if it fails, Phase 2 will be very hard to pull off successfully. But from where I'm standing Marvel seems more concerned with Winter Soldier, and almost seems to be writing this movie off completely.
Loki's massive Fangirl Army will fill the seats in November with or without heavy marketing. I'm not concerned.

Last edited by Farren; 07-27-2013 at 07:20 PM.