View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #36
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
WB Logos

Black thick smoke.

A man's voice is heard. It sounds like he is addressing a crowd.

VOICE (OFF SCREEN)
Metropolis. A city that once (beat) stood amongst the giants. This city fell victim to one of the greatest attacks seen not only in our lifetime but in the whole of human history.

We move steadily across the ruins of Metropolis. In the far background we can see the still functioning parts of the city but the devastation is still huge.

We focus in on a certain street. The Daily Planet globe is clearly seen among the wreckage. People are covering their mouths and helping others stuck.

VOICE (CONT'D, O.S)
You may be wondering why I say human history.

A man floats in to view. SUPERMAN. He lifts parts of the wreckage up with ease. Some people catch sight of him and run away. He helps a woman who has been wounded in the wreckage. She seems hesitant to give him her hand. He just goes down and picks her up and leaves.

VOICE (CONT'D, O.S)
And that is because this attack came with a message.

A group of ambulances. The doctors and nurses and anyone helping are clearly over worked. Superman drops down with the woman. She looks around. Superman grabs a piece of cloth from an ambulance and ties it around the woman's leg. She tries to make a smile and nods. Superman just looks guilty and he flies away.

VOICE (CONT'D, O.S)
That we are not prepared for whatever is out there.

EXT - LARGE BUILDING - DAY

Hundreds and hundreds of people looking toward one podium. Some press, some average citizens.

VOICE (CONT'D, O.S)
And that is why myself...

BRUCE WAYNE is stood at a podium, loud and confident and despite the subject still strangely charming.

BRUCE
...and Lex here...

Just behind him stands LEX LUTHOR, a man who stands with pride.

BRUCE (CONT'D)
are not only going to rebuild this city but make it better and stronger!

A few cheers are heard from the crowd.

Toward the back we focus on one man. Well dressed, bag over his shoulder, floppy hair and glasses. CLARK KENT. He stares at the podium stern faced before walking away.

INT - LEX'S OFFICE - LATER

Lex sits at a desk looking through files. An assistant walks in.

ASSISTANT
That was a good announcement.

She places something down on his desk.

ASSISTANT (CONT'D)
I'm surprised you didn't make it yourself.

LEX
People know the name LexCorp. They don't know me. They do however, know Bruce Wayne.

ASSISTANT
Yeah. People know he is a clueless playboy.

LEX
Oh trust me when I'm ready to take the stage he'll be tossed aside with the rest of his Enterprise. But right now this is my top priority.

He tosses down a blurred picture of Superman.

LEX (CONT'D)
He destroys an entire city and this is the best shot we have? I wanna know everything about him, where he lives, where he works and then (beat) then I want to beat him.

EXT - METROPOLIS STREET - DAY

Clark rides his bike along the street and ends up outside an anonymous skyscraper. He parks up and enters.

INT - SKYSCRAPER - CONT.

Clark emerges from an elevator. It's a large converted floor that just about resembles a large office enough to obviously be the Daily Planet.

Clark walks into a side room and meets LOIS LANE.

INT - LOIS' OFFICE - CONT.

LOIS
You managed to find me.

CLARK
I have a good memory.

LOIS
Of course you do. I can't wait for LexCorp to rebuild the city, want my old office back. Not this abandoned building. Did you see the announcement on the news this morning?

CLARK
I was there.

LOIS
It was on the other side of the ci... of course again.

Clark smiles and they share a small kiss.

CLARK
Something wasn't right. With the announcement that is. They said they were gonna rebuild it. But also make it better. What do you know about Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor?

My attempt at a pretty low-key opening to the film.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote