View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #83
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
It was the classic underdog uppercut moment. When you think he's down and out he pulls out a hay-maker. That's what served the scene.

For example, if the bone claws came out immediately after his metal ones were cut off it wouldn't have had any impact.

I was never a fan of the bone claws in the comics, but the movies are different. How would you explain Weapon X putting those claws onto him another way if he didn't already have claws built into him? His body would have rejected them.

Personally I give far more leeway to crazy inexplicable s**t in the comics because, well, they're comics. Film is a more fluid visual medium so when things are presented in relative terms they should have plausible explanations within the confines of the story.
Yes of course the "hay-maker" finish as you describe is the only redeemable moment of the third act for me. I thought the bone claws had something to do with being thematic and stuff. I have nothing against bone claws, its just i prefer adamantium and didn't like him loosing it. But yes since he does loose his claws, I couldn't agree more regarding the bone claw finish. probably the only actual berserk badass moment in the series and made me less riled up about him losing his adamantium claws. I have nothing against the lore of bone claws, its just I prefer Adamantium, being indestructible and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
I have no idea. But it's good to know that if the story calls for it, he can plausibly get them back without it feeling like a forced aspect. that's how it would have felt if Mariko out of no where was like "oh, let me find a scientist that could maybe weld them back on before the movie is over"

After First Class and now TW I have faith that stuff isn't going to happen in these movies without explanation. And I'm very excited at the possibility of being surprised with more outside the box ideas
It would be awesome if they return his adamantium claws in the same fashion he got his healing back in TW.

Last edited by darkslayer101; 07-27-2013 at 09:22 PM.
darkslayer101 is online now   Reply With Quote