View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #49
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Hmm interesting question. It is indeed important to know how they could have left the vault. Haha you have made me think about all this again!
Last time it ended with me opening this thread. Anyway, what is even more interesting?

This: How did they come to the vault? Since the Gauntlet itself is there, I feel like he must have taken it from Thanos.

It could be that Thanos acquired all gems but the soulgem (Warlock Adam GotG) and the blue gem(The scepter).

So Thanos came for the blue gem (in MCU the blue gem and the Tesseract share a bound and the Tesseract has been associated with Odin in Cap 1 for instance) that Odin possesed.
Thanos lost the IG and fled. Suddenly he sees an opportunity. Loki. Once again he forges a plan to take gems from Odin, only this time not 1 but 4.
In Thor TDW he manages to take the IG + 4 gems by using an army so that he can distract Odin and steal the gems.
This means that He will collect the last gem in Gotg, but one gem remains. The blue mindgem, itīs in the scepter on Earth as you said!

Then we have the A3 plot right there. Btw gonna sleep now so donīt expect a reply for atleast 8-10h
Soul Gem is obviously jammed in Magus' forehead. I also like the idea of incorporating the Reality Gem into a Dr. Strange storyline. Whether it's an artifact the Ancient One is interested in or it is actually the reason Strange's brand of magic exists in the MCU... sounds like a good fit to me.

I also kinda wish they found room for Ego the Living Planet in The Dark World and the Space Gem could be the reason for his sentience. Or otherwise "manipulate space as he see's fit." But that one is just a shot in the dark. Pun intended. But that probably won't be the case so they'd have to find some other place for it.

Leaving us with only the Time Gem. And we do know one gent in the MCU who has a reason to travel through time and just needs some method of doing so. Which of course, he may discover on his adventures through the universe:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
You guys aren't even speculating anymore. It's crossed over into fan-fiction. It's dominating every thread right now.
Well, granted this is a thread called "Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story." But I guess you're the one who needs to take a break? Sorry Rock. :/ I'll try harder next time.