View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #55
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Default Re: The #DOFP Buzz/Hype Thread [Net, Blogs, Statistics...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I was using it as an example of a film that did not make as much as the others in a series of films. They are all a success and both have sequels. They wont stop making Cap or Wolverine films cause they didn't make as much as the higher grossing films in the MCU or Xverse. The films have to flat out bomb for them to stop studios from making them.

The negative overreaction to a possible Wolverine box office is ridiculous since the film could end up grossing three times its budget with world wide intake.
If you have bolded the rest of my reply instead of that one sentence, then you would see I have already refuted your flawed premise. Cap's standard of success is different from Wolverine's, and his sequel opportunities weren't as tied to his own solo efforts' success as Wolverine's is. Unlike Cap, Wolverine is the face of the highest grossing films of his franchise, and so for his own solo efforts to underperform is not a good sign. Like I said, if Iron Man only grossed 50+ million on OW, 200 million overall domestically and 400 million WW, the franchise wouldn't have been so successful. Or if the sequels themselves have similarly underperformed despite the first film's huge success, that too would have cut the legs from underneath the Avengers or its sequel.

Saitou Hajime is online now   Reply With Quote