View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #612
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 2

I sorta agree I'm concerned. With Goyer the bad far outweighs the good in his writing credits IMO (BB and slightly Blade are really the only standout ones. He also wrote Ghost Rider 2, The Unborn and Jumper) and the only Snyder film I liked the dialogue of was really Watchmen and he had no part in the writing of that! Sucker Punch (the only film he had purely wrote and did the story for) was awful as well. 300 wasn't great in the writing area either.

Both of their issues for me mainly come to dialogue. They both write BAD dialogue. With Goyer when he shines he knocks it outta the park. But he is a moments guy. He isn't consistent. All his films drop somewhere along the line especially in the third acts. The worrying issue I have is, if you have two people both with bad dialogue reputations who is there to say "no no no this sounds stupid?" no one. The Nolan's wont be there and WB are just thinking "Batman/Superman = money" which while true for a while may not work well in the long run. The Avengers didn't make way over a Billion dollars cause of the "cool factor" and was a ******* good time.

I'm just worried about lines like "RELEASE THE WORLD ENGINE" creeping into the script when the first thing any decent writer should do is look at some feedback and be like "lines like that have to go". But I can just imagine Snyder and Goyer thinking "screw it, more of the same. But with BATMAN!".

Don't get me wrong. I was over the ******* moon with the announcement and can not wait. But I also have big concerns cause this film either makes it or falls with the script. I just can't believe that someone like Michael Shannon didn't say "is there someway we can change this line?" when it came to the world engine thing.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.