View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #206
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

I think what is happening is inevitable, and TBH maybe we should be trying to look at this more positively.

We knew that WB were going to try and rush through some kind of response to Avengers. They needs to compete. Look at all the franchises going on at the moment.

Next year you've got Days Of Future Past, The Amazing Spider-man 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Then 2015 has Avengers: Age Of Ultron, The Fantastic Four and Ant-man.

If they want to start remotely competing in the superhero film department, they need to step it up in 'scale'. They need to start making a DC universe now.

Do I was it was different? God yes. If I could have my wish granted it would be that they had made a great Superman film long before the MCU ever started phase one. That we'd had the chance to really cement Superman's place as a hero whose HEROICS are epic, not just the movies visuals.

But what we have is what we have.

And we have to be realistic.

We're pretty lucky they are doing Batman/Superman first and not just rushing in head on to a JL movie (which is what it looked like they were going to do for a while there, when Snyder was saying that would be a seperate thing from the MOS universe).

We will at least get half a movie dedicated to telling a bit more of this Superman's journey. There is at least a small chance that we might see some of the issues from MOS resolved, and see some of the things we didn't get to see (like CK working as a journalist, Lex Luthor, Superman saving people from 'normal' things etc).

We'd be even less likely to see that if they were just throwing us straight into JL.

And the real silver lining for me, is that once they've got the 'rush' to catch up with the MCU out of their system, and we have Batman/Superman and probably JL after that... we might actually get to see some more solo outings. And Goyer/Snyder can't be the only writers involved forever.

Maybe then we'll get the Superman movie we deserve.

There is still hope

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 07-28-2013 at 08:44 AM.