View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #214
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah. I wonder if when Snyder is doing Justice League, we'll get new writer/director for a solo Superman film. I'm kind of curious what an Ang Lee Superman film would be like. Life of Pi looks like it has the kind of colorful, bright palette and optimistic tone a Superman film could have.
TBH, the visuals is not a high priority for me anymore. I just want a better writer.

I think Snyder did a good job with the visuals here... though I still want him gone, cause of how much of a hand he had in changing the ending so Superman would kill Zod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I think the idea that WB feels the need to compete directly with Marvel is coloured by our perceptions of the "Marvel v DC" debate that always runs amongst us fanboys. WB puts out an awful lot of product, only some of which is DC. They will certainly be aware of the potential to turn a profit in the same way as Marvel does by the ruthless exploitation of all of its intellectual property- good and bad- but this will vie with other strategies that WB might pursue. The success of Mavel's movies is not some kind of "threat" to WB, it is merely an exemplar of what WB could do with its DC properties.

And I hope they don't follow suit.
They already have.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*