View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #63
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
I know you never implied that. It's something I was saying. All of these characters are after singular items and not the entire treasure vault. Sure they are all important, that's why the Collector taking all of that stuff would make sense. I agree with you.

I know more artifacts will get taken. That's why it makes sense for the Collector to take them all. I just thought it would be funny to see the unsuspecting Star-Lord bumbling around the trophy room in the dark knocking stuff over. Both ways introduce the Guardians of the Galaxy movie but I think showing your lead actor doing it would be a decent idea.

I think we will end up getting a Guardians of the Galaxy post-credit scene in Thor: The Dark World. I think it'll end up being the Collector too. But to say that it couldn't be a Chris Pratt, Peter Quill/Star-Lord just because we haven't heard is kind of dumb. We didn't hear about the Nick Fury cameo or the Thanos cameo.
In lieu of Clive Russell's recent comments about Benicio Del Toro, the comment is most certainly not dumb.

What you're suggesting for Star-Lord because it "would be funny" is again sort've moot. Got to look at these things objectively. There is no way Star-Lord would ever find his way into the vault.

BTW, the Dr. Strange relic I mentioned isn't the case. I forgot Feige said a while back it was the Warlock's Eye. He also said there is a sword that may or may not be Eternal (i.e. Surtur) and the fact that there was one sub-chamber missing it's artifact. Clearly we assume that to be for the Cube.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
“I’m not sure about Doctor Strange in particular. Oh, I know what they are talking about. That is not Doctor Strange. It is right out of Thor. It is right out of the first Tales of Asgard stories. I think it’s called “The Warlock’s Eye” I think it is verbatim what [Jack] Kirby drew. I think those are the scenes. There is other coverage and stuff where we lingered on those things longer but again “Why are you lingering on that stuff? It has nothing to do with the movie.” “Oh, but it’s cool. People will recognize it.” You can’t do it. But everything in that vault and everything you might see if you pause and look behind people’s shoulders or as the Einherjar soldiers are walking past – everyone of those has a story and it is from the books. There is Thanos’ glove, or certainly a glove that looks like it could be Thanos’ gauntlet, is in there for sure. The Warlock’s Eye thing is in there. There are some swords. There is a sword there that may or may not be eternal. There are a number of things. There is even one, and in fact I’m not sure if you can see this in the movie or not, but there is one that is empty. There was one sort of subchamber of the vault that didn’t have anything in it. So the question is “What used to be in it?”

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-inte...strange/88459/

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote