View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #68
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I think you're ignoring the obvious here as a means to extrapolate some much longer complex story. You yourself are assigning the Gauntlet this all-powerful stature and yet Loki doesn't take it? Not logical. Btw, the Chitauri didn't "have big plans using the cube." The Chitauri are simply a biomechanical race created/used by Thanos and The Other as their minions.

The movie clearly spoke the purpose of the exchange via The Other's beginning speech ..... "The world his (i.e. Loki) and the universe yours (i.e. Thanos)." He was referring to Earth being Loki's and the rest of the universe going to Thanos after he gets his hands on the Cube because it's going to open up all the doorways for him.

Chitauri are not their own free-thinking race. Again, you keep re-creating things to your own liking. The Other gave Loki the Scepter.

I see. In that case you are correct.

I always thought that The Other was the leader/king of the Chitauri and that he met with Thanos so the army would be The Otherīs directly but Thanos indirectly since Thanos had promised the Other and his Chitauri army the possibility to conquer worlds with the cube (super fast travel) I mean the Chitauri has 1 goal?

"The Chitauri claim to be part of "the immune system of the Universe", wiping out disorder and free will wherever they find it. "

Mcu thought could be that the immune system erradicates all the free will people and therefore forfill the one thing that can impress Death. So itīs not strange that Thanos want the cube for the Chitarui.

I donīt think you can say it like the Universe was for Thanos. Thanos has 1 wish, he wants to sit by the side of Death and to do so he must balance the K : D ratio by killing half the universe, what better way to do that than with being the leader of The Other in exchange for them having possibility to travel in space? Oh yeah the IG could be better but he tried that once and Odin did beat him. So now that his plan failed, how can he get the cube or the IG?

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-28-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote