View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #71
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm starting to wonder if The Collector comes to collect the artifacts (more specifically the IG) for Thanos ..... using the Cube to get into the vault. I mean as much as I hate it, Marvel sure seems to want to keep Thanos in sort've the "emperor" role like in Star Wars, using proxies to serve his bidding until he finally takes matters into his own hands.

Why would The Collector do that for Thanos though? I guess we'd find out. Could be all kinds of neat directions they could go in with that.

I'm not so sold on that. I think he is going to be an anti-hero of sorts. He's going to try and track the Star-Lord, much like everyone else is. He's doing it to help protect against Thanos though. While Ronan and Korath and either serving Thanos or Kree interests. Yondu is a space pirate looking for treasure. I think he's going to have a special relationship with Star-Lord. So it's personal between those two. Much like it is between Nebula and Gamora. Nebula wants to be related to Thanos while Gamora does not. So Nebula will try to get what Gamora and the Guardians of the Galaxy have to please Thanos. Now Thanos has another group much like the Avengers who are making things more interesting for him.

I think the Collector will be killed before letting everyone know that Thanos is a threat. Thus leaving Thanos to tread around the Universe, undetected.

AlexanderLykins is offline   Reply With Quote