View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #250
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman... can this be a fair physical fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Honestly, I've never, even in the JLA cartoon (which I loved) bought Batman being a physical match in any fight with people of Superman's caliber.

It's just ridiculous, unless he's in an Iron Man type suit, the guy would get crushed in a moment. The only reason I've enjoyed a few of the Supes vs. Batman fights in select comics (TDKR, Hush) is because you know that Superman is holding back, and that's the only reason that Batman is alive.

See, even in the WF movie I thought that was incredibly stupid. It doesn't matter how good of a martial artist you are, you're dealing with a being that can move faster than you can think, and is so strong he could get hit with a tank missile and barely flinch. Batman being able to flip Superman was foolish. Even if Superman wasn't taking him seriously.
Batman barely physically approaches opponents from less than two meters in JL fights. He usually keeps his distance. Most of his JL fights compose of him throwing batarangs, smoke bombs, and other weapons + using the dark to his advantage to create distractions for the villain(s) to create a quick opening to then strike. Only in that split second does he approach supervillains with powers up close to take them out. That or he already has a weapon prepared for a particular villain prior to the start of the fight.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote