View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #144
Nell2ThaIzzay

Default Re: Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Oh, then i guess this s*** is canon

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yup.

Always was, always will be. There's no reason to believe otherwise.

I also doubt that Days of Future Past is going to go out of it's way to undo all the things the fanboys hate.

It would make no sense for them to go through with The Wolverine, which not only doesn't contradict X-Men: The Last Stand or X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but actually is specific in confirming them, all the while knowing that Days of Future Past was coming out in a year to undo it all.

There will be an explanation as to why Magneto has his powers and Xavier is alive, and I would imagine that will be the bulk of the "retconning".

The last 2 movies in the series have gone out of their way to confirm and connect to the previous movies - X-Men: First Class blatantly referencing the trilogy, particularly X-Men, and to a lesser extent X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand, while The Wolverine blatantly referenced and connected to X-Men: The Last Stand and made lots of references to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

There would be no reason for them to spend 2 movies connecting to the rest of the series, even further establishing all the movies as interconnected, if they were planning on undoing it all with Days of Future Past.

Nell2ThaIzzay is online now   Reply With Quote