View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
One of the big things when comparing Thor to Hulk or the MoS Kryptonians is his movement. Hulk and Superman move with pure power. For the most part, Hemsworth's Thor doesn't move with great speed or power. He moves like a normal human being. He isn't clearing hundreds of yards in seconds or punching/hitting with the kinda of movement your expect from someone who is super human. Hemsworth Thor is more "old school" super human. A lot of normal, not exactly real looking stuff, with the big moments being played up (kill shot on big monster in Thor or running Hulk through a wall). The same guy that is able to move that fast, is the same guy swinging his hammer like a normal human.

There is also when he swings his hammer. It looks prop like a bit too much. The most solid it looks is in the hero shots when it isn't moving or when Hulk was messing with it in the Avengers.
Yeah Thor's movements don't really look superhuman, that's why I say his strength isn't as "in your face" as MOS Supes.

I also agree with Thor's hammer looking like a prop during combat, only in TA though because it looked alot better in Thor. It might be because of the longer handle, because Thor's hammer wielding in the first film was ALOT more impressive than in TA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I would love to see Thor's powers amped up. even to MoS levels, I wouldn't have a problem lol
MOS Supes wasn't that much stronger than Thor, to be honest he didn't do much Thor couldn't. I'm certain Thor can lift every vehicle Supes lifted in MOS, as evidence by the fact of him stopping Hulk's punch.

The same punch that stopped a space whale in it's tracks, it's just that Supes strength was put on dispay more.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote