View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #88
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Default Re: Overrated Comic Book Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS is definitely overrated. IMO, there is no way a movie that middle-of-the-road should’ve made a billion dollars world wide. I know “THE DARK KNIGHT” played a part, but still, people out there must’ve thought it was the greatest thing ever to give it that much repeat viewings.

As for IRON MAN 3, I don’t know how that’s overrated in these parts, when everyone and their mother (including me) either picks that movie apart, or acts like its complete trash. I definitely have my problems with that movie, but at the end of the day, I’d be foolish to say it’s a truly bad film.

You see how you can easily flip flop these two and most would agree with both.

TDKR is totally overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
It's not a bad film in the sense that Green Lantern and Fantastic Four are bad. But people were talking best picture ever before the movie came out, so that's where the overrated stuff comes from. There's also some horribly bad acting in there from Matthew Modine and Marion Cotillard, and also some non-sense plot points that people tore apart films like Spider-man 3 for having similar ridiculous plots.
Exactly, it's not in a bad movie like those you mentioned, but it was laughable when people were talking Oscars with this movie, especially for best picture and director.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote