View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #53
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
With you here. Especially in a film that has so much too explore and work with. Thor, Loki, Odin, Jane, Sif, the Warriors Three, Frigga, Heimdall, Malekith, and Kurse. We are promised a battle across the realms.

That doesn't sound short to me.
They have the potential to release what sounds like a fantasy epic. Something more than typical Marvel comic book affair. I just hope they realize this potential. Marvel has to start stepping out of their box if they want to keep me and the general audience coming back on into phase 4 and beyond. They can't just plug new character and situations into the same formula and expect it to stay fresh. I'm already tired of all their films having that "Marvel" look and feel. Show me some originality and take some risks.

And they can thank Iron Man 3 for this. After Avengers I was fully on board the Marvel train and all I heard was Phase 2 would be evaluating different themes and taking inspiration from different genres. I was expecting to see some risks on screen and Marvel stepping outside of their comfort zone and evolving. I was expecting maybe a little intelligent depth in their stories. And right out the gate of Phase 2 we got the bland disconnected formulaic Iron Man 3. Not a great start. If Thor turns out to be typical Marvel then I'm gonna have to reevaluate my view of what Marvel is doing and whether I want to continue to pay $10 at the theater for their films.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 07-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.