View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Nobody cares about Electro.
I guarantee a fairly large percentage of the general audience didn't know who Dr. Octopus was either and you can't say "nobody" considering you don't know everyone. That's like when a fan/fanboy makes a statement like that and backs it up with "well, I've asked a number of my friends and family members what they think and...". If anyone wants to bring up that a lot of the general audience might have known about Doc Ock before the movie was released from catching some of the episodes of the numerous Spider-Man shows over the years, well then they've also most likely seen Electro in an episode or two and know who he is.

Don't get me wrong FilmNerd, I agree that it's highly doubtful the sequel will make more than the previous film, hell I have a feeling it won't cross the billion mark, but I don't think it will have to do with Jamie Fox one way or another. He wasn't the reason(or sole reason at least)that White House Down didn't do that great. Yeah, he's not a big box office draw, but at the same time he's not box office poison either.

As for the new X-men film. Looking at the past films and how much(or little depending how you look at it)money they made at the BO, especially First Class and now The Wolverine, I don't expect huge numbers for DoFP, even with them going "epic" combining both the old and new casts.

Last edited by Figs; 07-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.